Global Immigration Attorney For Mexico And The United States

Our office represents Americans and other nationals moving to Mexico for a variety of reasons, however, most individuals move to Mexico as retirees.

A foreign national cannot own property in Mexico if that property is located within 100 kilometers of the border and within 50 kilometers of the shore, this is called the Restricted Zone.

There are only two ways to obtain indirect title to land in the Restricted Zone, one is by establishing a company in Mexico or through a trust set up by a Mexican bank. The most common way to obtain the property is through a trust as incorporating a company is usually more expensive and not the goal of retirees.

With a trust agreement, the Mexican bank acts as trustee and the foreign national buyer as the beneficiary. Our office has represented many clients through the years with this type of transaction.

Working Toward Resolving Your Immigration Issues

Our office also assists clients in obtaining proper immigration status in Mexico. This can be completed either at the Consulate located in the United States or at the local immigration office in Mexico.

Our offices have represented clients moving to Cabo San Lucas, San Jose del Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, Acapulco, Lake Chapala, Cancun, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, and San Miguel de Allende among others.

The most common visa is the non-lucrative visa, which retirees obtain when moving to Mexico. However, there are other visas available depending on the situation of each person.

Attorneys Dedicated To Assisting You

If you are considering making Mexico home, the Law Office of Alfonso Venegas, PLLC, with offices located in Houston, Texas, and Mexico City, Mexico, is available to help with all your relocation needs. We are available by both phone and email, and welcome the opportunity to help you realize your dreams south of the border. You can reach our office by calling 956-622-4085.

Se habla español.